Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patches (PR#685)

To: Joona Kiiski <zamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patches (PR#685)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:13:22 +0100

> production_update1.diff
> This is large patch and perhaps needs more testing before committing.
> I made this because there are many, too many, bugs nowadays.
> To name a few:
>
> a) disband unit->move production class-> move it back and you have
> lost shields you just got.
>
> b) You are building wonder->Add 10 caravans->
> change class and change it back. You have lost 500 shields!
>
> c) after enemy spy has destroyed your current production, don't worry,
> just change production class two times and you get those shields back!
>
> d)a hint for ICS player: about 20 turns before finding steam engine
> start building masses of caravans. After finding it, do the following:
> when you have finished production in coastal city. Move production class to
> wonder. Add 50 shields by using caravan. Move production back to ironclad.
> (NOTE: No penalty! You can use caravans to build ironclads)
> Next turn when your ironclad is finished, do the same trick again!
>
> e) I'm sure there are many more!

This patch doesn't seem quite ready, and I am too lazy to finish it myself
right now...

Just a few very quick points:
-Fix prototype for nullify_caravan_and_disband_plus() (you were quite lucky
some of your call worked at all...)
-Move the disbanding in the AI into the server
-Maybe move some more functionality like nullifying pre-change production
into nullify_caravan_and_disband_plus()
-make an enum for unit/wonder/building instead of commenting the code /*
unit/wonder/building */

-Thue