[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug/PATCH: Fortresses can be built in cities (PR#662)

To: paci@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug/PATCH: Fortresses can be built in cities (PR#662)
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 13:37:23 -0500

Davide Barbieri <paci@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Shouldn't be right to let him build fortress until a city wall
 is available in the city? It seems wise to me, to build a city
 inside a fortress, which will then be replaced by city wall.

Like I said, the code tells me a fortress has _no_effect_ in a city, so it is a waste of time unless you want to change this behavior. Furthermore, a city already enjoys a defense bonus of 1.5, and in Civ2 you can't build fortresses in cities at all. But I agree this could be an interesting idea.

BTW, fortifying inside a city has no effect either:

504 if ((defender->activity == ACTIVITY_FORTIFIED ||
505      map_get_city(defender->x, defender->y)) &&
506     is_ground_unit(defender))
507   defensepower*=1.5;

Mike