[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Preparations for other AIs and humans

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Preparations for other AIs and humans
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:45:29 +0100

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 03:26:56PM +0100, Thue wrote:

> > > Client all the way. Then
> >
> > Ok. Are there any special considerations about the interface?
>
> I rather not try to design the client AI right now - I don't have the time.

While working on auto-explore (I think it is the easiest) I came
across a problem I missed to address: state. All of the automation
parts need to save some information. This can be done by attaching
information onto the general object (unit, city). Another way would be
that every automation part maintains the relation between object and
information itself.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters