[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Preparations for other AIs and humans

To: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Preparations for other AIs and humans
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:18:10 +0100

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 06:17:53AM -0600, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
> Raimar Falke wrote:
>
> > It would be good if any client can easily access these basic kinds of
> > automation. Sometimes more flexibilty would be useful. The human may
> > specify "auto settle and emphasize on roads/railroads and also build
> > them between my cities" because he knows he will attack with cannons
> > in 15 turns.
>
> Ideally, such things should be amenable to scripting.  I.e., even if the game
> provides a default AutoSettler logic, players still might want to try their
> hands at improving it.

Yes. However there exists code which does roughly what is wanted. It
should be reused. For the things I have in mind there is little you
can do about improving it expect more control over it. Is there a way
of improving the unit-goto? Maybe AutoSettler is to complicated for
this but there is only one way to "maximze trade".

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb."