[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Preparations for other AIs and humans

To: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Preparations for other AIs and humans
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:26:56 +0100

> > > What do you think about this? Where would you put the code?
> >
> > Client all the way. Then
>
> Ok. Are there any special considerations about the interface?

I rather not try to design the client AI right now - I don't have the time.

> > 1) We don't have to worry about cheating. (half reason for goto in
> > client)
>
> As I mentioned in another email it is sometimes necessary to have more
> information than the client currently knows/remembers. Example is the
> auto-build-city thing: after you gave it some constraints it will
> search a place. However if the surrounding areas was explorerd but is
> now fogged the code has currently now way of finding the best possible
> square. There need to be some kind of history.

Well, then make a history :). But you don't strictly need a history to
evaluate a tile; if a tile is fogged the client still remembers what terrain
the tile contained when it last sawi it, of course. So just like a human
player you have to use what you know.

-Thue