[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II player puzzled by ICS strategy (long)
From: 蔡恆華 <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:34:48 -0500 (EST)

>> Since I played mostly big-landmass maps and only very few islands-only
>> games, could it be that ICS + Ironclads wins only when "ruling the seas" is
>> the key?
>        Large continent games are a race to the Cavalry Flood, with a
>secondary race to the Howitzer Flood if enough players aren't eliminated by
>the Cavalry.
Original mapgen 2 did not generate small islands, thus ruling
seas less important. Unaware of this, I took it out and leaving
only original mapgen 3 when current mapgen 4 was added.
Attempts to restore it or making mapgen2-4 more configurable (see
http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200007/msg00002.html) did not
get into CVS.

> the Fanatics you care to build, supported for free.  So what if your
> science is cut in half?  That's what the Diplomat/Spy is for.  Or just
> conquer a city to get tech, then let the AI retake it, then conquer it
> again for more tech.  And once you get rolling you'll still be putting
> out enough research points to pass the AI.  Remember, you don't need to
The problem is not the ruleset itself but rather the AIs who
would just give away techs and low dipcost/freecost/conquercost.

Regards,
I.Q.
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com