[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ironclads are easy.

To: Maciej Czapkiewicz <geczapki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <mczapkie@xxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ironclads are easy.
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:01:05 +0100

On Wednesday 03 January 2001 19:40, Maciej Czapkiewicz wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Thue wrote:
> > I agree. So how about changing the prerequisites from
> >
> > physics
> > invention

> > physics
> > metallurgy
>
> Good idea, but I forgot about one important thing:
> in this situation, Ironclad should have 5/4/4 (attack power 5),
> attack power 4 is too obsolete in Metallurgy era (coastial defence etc).

No, I think 4 is fine; remember that it has 30 hit points, so it really is
quite powerfull. Also, the destroyer, which comes after the point where we
inserted the destroyer, only has 4 attack.
So maybe it will not win every time against a coastal defence, but nether
should it

> > (this will of course only be done in the freeciv ruleset, the civ 2
> > ruleset will continue to be, like, civ 2 compatible)
>
> Who is using Civ* rulesets instead better default one? ;-)

Nobody, but some people seem to value civ 2 compatability very high, and
having this makes it possible to tell them to go use it when they complain :)

-Thue