[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ironclads are easy.

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <mczapkie@xxxxxxxx>, Maciej Czapkiewicz <geczapki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ironclads are easy.
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:38:49 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Thue wrote:

> I agree. So how about changing the prerequisites from
>
> physics
> invention

> physics
> metallurgy
>
> Anybody disagree?

 I don't disagree, but just want to point out some things.

 That would remove need to decide whether one goes for powerfull land army
(musketeers, cannons) or navy (ironclads).

 For one who decides to go for navy, Frigates would make more sense
as subgoal. (Are they currently as obsolete as I think?)

 I'm using rulesets where ironclads are delayed a bit by addition of new
tech "Thermodynamics" between "Physics" and "Steam Engine".
("Thermodynamics" is requirement for unit "Balloon", but that's another
story.)

> (this will of course only be done in the freeciv ruleset, the civ 2 ruleset
> will continue to be, like, civ 2 compatible)
> On a side note, maybe we should lift the limitation that a tech can only have
> two prerequisites.

 Are you suggesting big enought fixed number of prereqs or unlimited?

 Caz