[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ironclads are easy.

To: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>, mczapkie@xxxxxxxx, Maciej Czapkiewicz <geczapki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Ironclads are easy.
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 21:22:34 +0100

Hi,

I don't like the idea of making the ironclad stronger.

IMO it is a very strong unit now, relative to the time
it exists. It can beat easyly all smaller ships and even
musceteers (which come later).

Making it even stronger (e.g. attack value 5) could
unbalance the game. It seems to me, this fits only in
the long discussed, beloved and behated ics strategy,
to decide the game quickly in an early stage of techno-
logy.

If anything, make the destroyer *slightly* stronger.

Just my 2 pfennig.

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *