[Freeciv-Dev] Ironclads are easy.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Ironclads are easy.
From: Maciej Czapkiewicz <geczapki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:29:27 +0100

Ironclads are easy, too easy and non-realistic.
My fovourite path is, after Monarchy, to discover
Navigation and Steam Engine. I can crush easilly other
civilisation using ironclads, catapults and chariots,
even if they have gunpowder!
Many types of warriors are ommitted (knights etc).

I suggest, that Metallurgy is necessary to discover Steam Engine.

Realistic background:
1: it is impossible to construct efficient
steam engine without metallurgy (Heron turbine was only a toy),
2: ironclads were powerfull because cannons mounted on their decks.

Regards,
McZapkie