[Freeciv-Dev] Re: SMAC-style borders (was: Re: Re: Plans for 1.12)

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: SMAC-style borders (was: Re: Re: Plans for 1.12)
From: Steve Hodge <shodge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:51:12 +1000

Tony Stuckey wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 10:49:26PM +0100, Sam BC wrote:
> > I seem to recall CivII diplomacy had a limited idea of territory, being
> > areas controlled by a city, and could demand that enemies kept out of this
> > area under treaty... or am I confused?
>
>         You are not confused.  However, I believe that only squares with
> actual city workers on them were protected.

No, you can ask for all units within your cities radius to be withdrawn
(provided you have peace with the offending nation). If you have an
alliance you can only get them out of your territory by cancelling the
alliance (in which case they are automatically removed as are your units
from their territory).

Regards,
Steve Hodge