Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv suggestions

To: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "by way of Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>" <jeword@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv suggestions
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 15:03:43 +0200

On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 01:54:43PM +0300, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > >
> > > My vote to unit stacks ;)
> >
> > My vote for colonization system, with hijacking units,
> > guerilla bonuses, et all
>
> I've never played colonization, but am not sure that hijacking
> units would be very good idea.. What do you mean with guerilla bonuses?

guerilla (natives) bonuses is terrain bonus added to attacker instead
of defensor if it is `more native' that defensor,
ex : indians attacking colonists in forest or mountains get such bonus

hijacking units worked because in colonization `unit' was more
general, colony/city was really a place containing units (population),
wares and buildings (hijacked units had no weapons/horses, so couldnt be used
for further war before reequipement, and ships/artilery wasn't hijacked, but
destroyed or damaged)

> > And it's not very realistic. In which country is it being done now ?
>
> In which country there are tax/science rates (so that when tax rate
> increases, science rate decreases and vice versa.

I really meant tax/lux, not sci/tax.

> > > What do you mean with economic war? In smac, there is possibility win
> > > the game with VERY big amount of money, but I suppose this isn't the thing
> > > you thought.
> >
> > buying units/cities is part of econo-war
> > it could be extended
>
> Why not, but is that really war?

quite many people's war tactics is to fight by spies, diplomats etc.