Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv suggestions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv suggestions
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:19:09 -0400

Tomasz Wegrzanowski (maniek@xxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 03:39:55PM -0400, by way of Jeff Mallatt
> <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > When you have a heap of units, you enemy should be able to see which units
> > are there - it is more realistic. Heaps' defense bonus should be calculated
> > from bonuses of all units ( more units will always defend better than one
> > unit) - I think st. like Best defensive units + ( 0.25 * second best
> > defensive unit ) + (0.10 * third best defensive unit ) - But it shouldn't
> > increase it much - such heaps would be unbeatable. THe hitpoints looses
> > should be applied to all units on heap.
>
> And the same for attacking units or game will be very unbalanced

That would require stacking (moving units as a group); currently, units
in Freeciv can only attack one by one.

And if you're going to implement stacking, it would make more sense to
go all the way and implement CTP's stacked combat system.  It's one of
the few features in CTP that nearly everybody thinks is worthwhile.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers