Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv suggestions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv suggestions
From: jeword@xxxxxxxx (by way of Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:39:55 -0400

When you have a heap of units, you enemy should be able to see which units
are there - it is more realistic. Heaps' defense bonus should be calculated
from bonuses of all units ( more units will always defend better than one
unit) - I think st. like Best defensive units + ( 0.25 * second best
defensive unit ) + (0.10 * third best defensive unit ) - But it shouldn't
increase it much - such heaps would be unbeatable. THe hitpoints looses
should be applied to all units on heap.

The idea of borders in suggestions on www.freeciv.org is great. Its the
thing, that's missing in old Sid's CIvilization.

THere is no fundamentalism and fanatics - miss them.

Power of religion should be used.

Caravans should be able to bring food from city to another - like in Civ2

Why not add sth. like Capitalization for science ?

The tax rates could be set for individual cities.

ANd the most missing thing - ECONOMIC WAR. I have no idea how to do it, but
it is the thing which makes it really tactics.

                                nice day
--

  |  ___|  ___|  |  JEWORD, SSI <jeword@xxxxxxxx>
  |___  |___  |  |  IN STRAHOV WE TRUST