Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv suggestions

To: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "by way of Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>" <jeword@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv suggestions
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:26:11 +0200

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 05:50:12PM +0300, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > And the same for attacking units or game will be very unbalanced
>
> My vote to unit stacks ;)

My vote for colonization system, with hijacking units,
guerilla bonuses, et all

> > > THere is no fundamentalism and fanatics - miss them.
> >
> > They were way too powerful
>
> Of course we can fix them so that they aren't.

Proposal :
half as much unhappiness (before counting any other effect)
temples etc. works as with other govs
fundamentalists as in civ2
science as in civ2

> > > Power of religion should be used.
> >
> > How ?
>
> Hmm... Let's think how it's working in this world..
> First thing that comes to my mind is that war morale can increase,
> think about tsetsenian war's muslim querillas.
>
> > > Caravans should be able to bring food from city to another - like in Civ2
>
> And collect them from nature (like in SMAC).

wait :  is caravan siting on tile and giving food or is there something
        build on that tile ?

> > > Why not add sth. like Capitalization for science ?
> >
> > Nice idea
>
> But not very realistic. It's always possible
> to change tax rate.

Why not realistic ?

What about :
building : Silicon Valley
req : Electronics
desc : capitalization for science

> > > The tax rates could be set for individual cities.
> >
> > Game would be too easy
>
> Would it? I don't think so. Anyways, it's quite realistic idea.

It would be. You won't need any temples etc, and you can have booms
whereever you want at little cost (with actual ruleset boom cost in all
cities, either booming or not).

And it's not very realistic. In which country is it being done now ?

> > > ANd the most missing thing - ECONOMIC WAR. I have no idea how to do it,
> > > but
> > > it is the thing which makes it really tactics.
>
> What do you mean with economic war? In smac, there is possibility win
> the game with VERY big amount of money, but I suppose this isn't the thing
> you thought.

buying units/cities is part of econo-war
it could be extended