Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Chunnel

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Chunnel
From: cyb97 <cyb97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:17:06 +0100

on 26.03.00 16:49:56, the guilty party (ie. "Alexandre BERAUD"), stuck his head
out with the following anouncment:
>>> What about a new unit (swimming settlers) ? :o)
>>
>>I don't like this idea, settlers in transport is more reasonable
>>possibility. Of course it should be some way visible to other players
>>if a settler is transforming ocean to land.

Just back to the chunnel/tunnel issue... what about introducing a new wonder
like The Eurostar-tunnel (which is the tunnel between UK and France),
which allows normal engineers/settlers to build tunnels of unlimited length
(but at great costs)...
btw. this implies that settlers or some other unit (maybe a new
tunnel/bridgebuilder unit??) are available before, so you actually can improve
from
being able to build a few blocks long tunnel to as long as you want.... this
could also introduce subways/underground in cities or even between
close cities...

--
Andreas D. Landmark
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - UIN:6632808