Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Floating barbarians ! (PR#292)

To: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Floating barbarians ! (PR#292)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 12:22:03 -0500

At 2000/03/06 12:10 , a_beraud@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>Full_Name: Alexandre BERAUD
>Version: CVS 03-03-2000
>Client: Gtk+
>OS: Linux Slackware 7
>Submission from: (NULL) (162.38.101.66)
>

>I don't know if the bug has already been reported but:
>
>When entering a hut close to water, the barbarians can appear around the
>hut and be placed on water. On next turn, they transform in ships full
>with barbarians.

If there's "not enough land area" (some heuristic) on which to place new
barbarian units, but there is "enough water area" (another heuristic) on
which to build barbarian boats, then boats are (potentially) built and
filled with barbarians.

I'd guess the reason you see a "floating" barbarian is because of the
yet-to-be-fixed bug where sometimes the clients draw the pasenger, rahter
then the ship.  (First bug of PR#202.)

jjm