[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cost of wonders

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cost of wonders
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 12:54:52 -0500

At 2000/02/04 11:26 , Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 10:20:42AM -0500, Jeff Mallatt wrote:
>> At 2000/02/02 14:07 , Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
>> >
>> >Herewith is a patch, which make variant=1 michelangelo the same as
mpciv1's
>> >(double cathedrals' effect) :
>>
>> I'm not sure that now is the time for this.  The upcoming "improvements
>> generalization" patch is making the whole variant system obsolete.
>
>Could you describe this system ?

The authors could do a better job, but my understanding is basically that
there will be a list of named effects (many of which are parameterized),
any one or more of which any given improvement may invoke (all controlled
by a ruleset).

>Will ai be ably to understand this system ?

Yes.  It will have to.  Abandoning the AI is not an option.

>This patch is very small, no side effects, better civ1-compat.
>It may be used as temportary solution.

Okay.  I didn't look too closely at it, but it looks like it is missing at
least the corresponding help text.

Also, could you attach your patches, rather than just pasting them into the
message body -- the patch got corrupted during transmission, and I couldn't
apply it.

jjm