[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why client-side AI could be a Bad Thing

To: paulz@xxxxxxxx
Cc: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why client-side AI could be a Bad Thing
From: Arkadiusz Danilecki <szopen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 20:28:52 +0100 (MET)

Jan 2000 paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[cut]
> I understand you feelings about long games, I feel the same way most
of
> the time.  But we shouldn't make a judgement of what is fun for someone
> else based on this.  Sometimes it is entertaining to get to use some of
[cut]

        That's right. As i said before, i don;t like short games. I like
endless wars with countless oponents with using of all sort of weapons.
Building fortresses inside AIs states, railways into hearts of enemy's
empire, using nuclear weapons and mass attacks of bombers, howitzers,
tanks and infantry to protect them all. And invasions - with navy,
transporters, carriers, battleships and cruisers - that's what real fun is
:)

        Or just defend against enemy in hope i can finish spaceship before
armies of AI crush last of my city (i play two such a game, when i build
only defensive units and do not attack any AI).

        Or winning via superior economy ...

        That's what i really like about civs - there's so many ways to
win, so mamny ways to have fun.

A.D.Danilecki "Szopen"