[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why client-side AI could be a Bad Thing

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why client-side AI could be a Bad Thing
From: Philippe Fremy <fremy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:13:50 +0100

> >3)I have experience with newbies to freeciv and i see that
> >they are sometimes terrfied when they had to type civserver
> >and manually create AI. Half of them resign from game, saying
> >it is too complicated, Imagine what will happened if they had
> >to create AIat client side?

To address this problem, have you ever thought to integrate the server into
... the client ?

I do not mean to integrate the server code into the client's one, but allow a
player to launch a civserver from within the client (with a fork) and control
it through the client. I think the client server is one of the biggest
problem non network-knowledged poeple have when they start to use freeciv.

        Philippe