[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Small flags (was: patch: allow duplicate tags in til

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Small flags (was: patch: allow duplicate tags in tilespec files (PR#227))
From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Jan 2000 00:00:24 +0100

Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> At 2000/01/09 08:34 , Falk Hueffner wrote:
> >here's a first application of David's patch: alternate Civ2-like
> >flags.
>
> Oh, I do like these very much!
>
> The only problem is that the city "occupied" flag obscured the small
> flags.
>
> So, again using David's patch, I changed all the city styles to use
> a single ocupied flag: a crenelated battlement that is in the same
> position as the hit-point bars.

Good idea; I have integrated it into my hpbar xpm. I could post the
updated set if somebody is interested.

> Hum...  This all looks so nice, I wonder if it should be the
> default, and we have a "bigflags" directory, instead :)

Well, I wouldn't mind :) but I would like having it in the
distribution, whether default or not... also I think David's patch
should be committed; it's simple and could be reverted if we ever come
up with a more elaborate scheme.

        Falk