Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Autosettler change

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Autosettler change
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:00:59 +0100

Reinier Post wrote:

> > Quick request:
> >
> > The autosettler mode should only implement 'uncontroversial changes'.
> > In my opinion that is something like this:
> >
> > Uncontroversial:
> >
> > Build road/rail.  Irrigate grassland or plains. Mine coal or hills.
>
> My request: do *not* irrigate.
>
> > Flatten mountains. Transform desert, marsh, jungle (all only if without
> > specials).
> >
> > These are, AFAIK, more-or-less unconditionally good.
>
> Except irrigation.

*blink*

Did I miss something?  Irrigation gives you +1 food, and no other
effects? Or does it make it take longer to build forests, and that's
what you're complaining about?

> How would you like this to work?  A set of 'weights' to attach to the
> various activities?  BTW, I think 'connect' must be integrated, too,
> the AI currently doesn't do this at all.

Autosettlers appear to connect, a bit?  Is this a coincidence?
Certainly when I put settlers into auto-mode, the first thing they seem
to do is connect my cities (maybe that's just because they're close
together).

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Julian Bean   | jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        |  TW9 2TF *UK*       |