Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: ruleset i18n question

To: permath@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: ruleset i18n question
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:45:11 +1000 (EST)

Per Mathisen wrote:

> I see that the name tags in the rulesets has been marked for translation.
> However, the dependency tags (like tech_req) are not. If I translate
> "Construction" tech, for example, will the Aqueduct be able to find its
> dependency?

Yes.

:-)

The registry stuff reads straight over the markings -- so think
of i18n markings in the ruleset files more like gettext's N_().

The names are left untranslated internally while reading the
rulesets and cross referencing, and then all translated together
at end of reading rulesets (this is in 1.8.3).  Pre-translated
copies are also kept to send to clients, ref: