Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations & eras

To: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations & eras
From: Jerzy Klek <qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:21:12 +0200 (MET DST)

> This week-end I tried out cvs-Sep-24, and I can only say
>
> ***WOW***
>
> Great job, guys!
>
> Now that the machinery is in place, I think I can work on nations
> along the following lines: since I don't like to play Caesar vs.
> Stalin or Mao vs. Hammurabi, I will think about a separate
> nations.ruleset for each historical era.  I will start with ancient.
> Roman, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek, Persian, Carthaginian basically
> are OK; Chinese, Indian must be fixed; Assyrian, Phoenician, Jew, and
> more to be added (suggestions?)  Then we will finally be able to
> answer the question: was Rome the greatest, or was it China?

When you will work on this, you may consider my set of
ancient civilizations, maybe you will find something
useful there. I also have 2 maps of Mediterranean area
(200x70 and 120x50) so if you think they might be also
useful for ancient set (I like playing on real maps)
I can send them too, and you can update the starting
positions according to your nation set. When combined
with ancient modpack, it can be lot of fun.
Note: the nations file is not completely updated in line
with the latest rulesets (ruler titles in nation ruleset).

/Jerzy