Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Nations & eras

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Nations & eras
From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 Sep 1999 16:02:41 +0200

This week-end I tried out cvs-Sep-24, and I can only say

***WOW***

Great job, guys!

Now that the machinery is in place, I think I can work on nations
along the following lines: since I don't like to play Caesar vs.
Stalin or Mao vs. Hammurabi, I will think about a separate
nations.ruleset for each historical era.  I will start with ancient.
Roman, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek, Persian, Carthaginian basically
are OK; Chinese, Indian must be fixed; Assyrian, Phoenician, Jew, and
more to be added (suggestions?)  Then we will finally be able to
answer the question: was Rome the greatest, or was it China?

Then a set of early medieval nations, late medieval/early modern etc.

Regards,
        Massimo Campostrini