Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Splitting client/server data (was: release plans)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Splitting client/server data (was: release plans)
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:10:54 +0100

Hello

On 24-Sep-99, David Pfitzner wrote:
> Artur Biesiadowski wrote:
>> Please, separate client and server data directories.
>> For now tiles are intermixed with server rulesets.
> And this is bad exactly why?
> Since no-one replied to my comments last time this came up,

Probably because all agreed with you :-)
At least I don't think it's necessary to split the data, too.
Since nobody has complained about that you can assume that
everyone has agreed, too.

Not splitting the data is also easier for the modpack creators
and also for the distribution/installing/removing their modpacks.
All files including gfx and rulesets (and real modpacks will
use different gfx and different rulesets!) can go into a single
directory and there are not scattered around.
So I'm personally strictly again splitting ;-)

Artur, please tell us exact advances of the splitting. Otherwise
there is no chance to convince me ;-)

bye,
Sebastian Bauer