Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Autosettler change

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Autosettler change
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:06:52 +0100

Quick request:

The autosettler mode should only implement 'uncontroversial changes'.
In my opinion that is something like this:

Uncontroversial:

Build road/rail.  Irrigate grassland or plains. Mine coal or hills.
Flatten mountains. Transform desert, marsh, jungle (all only if without
specials).

These are, AFAIK, more-or-less unconditionally good.

The decision to, for example, plant forests, or level forests, is not so
simple, and I'd be happy to make it by hand.

(A more satisfying approach might be to pick preferences for autosettle,
but just changing this would be an improvemnet).

Jules