Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Races ruleset - patch

To: Jarda Benkovsky <pvt.benkovsk@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Races ruleset - patch
From: Jerzy Klek <qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 20:24:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

> > neither Konigsberg in cities list, though they were once
> > part of Germany and some even were ruled by Frederick.
>
> Not Prague, please. We were part of Austria for some time and under
> german "protectorate" during WW2, but never Germans :-)

I didn't say Czechs were Germans, just the country was
(sometimes only theoreticly) part of Germany. I just said
that because nominally (until 1867), emperors of Austria
were oficially called emperors of Holy Roman Empire of German
Nation (or something like this). This might have been actually
until 1810, and 1815-1867 it was German Bund. I think it made
some sense until 30-years war. Sometime Czech kings were quite
active in german politics, take Charles IV or Premysl II
Ottokar for example. Somewhat similar situation with Dutch
(I hope I am not calling for Dutch answer :-) ).
So, Czechs were always Czechs whatever politics was...

> Anyway, I volunteer to make the Czech race as soon as the ruleset will
> be stable - with current CZ flag and Charles IV or T.G. Masaryk as a
> leader.
>
> I hope that soon we will have to include national anthems and leader
> /advisors pictures too - it was very nice in original Civ

That would be great... Actually I personally thought of some
help when choosing the nation with short description who the
nation are and who the leader was (can be part of civilopedia?)
Problem is that I don't know anything about X-windows
programming but I can happily provide the text.

> BTW: is it possible to specify more possible national leaders than
> only one? The player could get some choices.

I think one is enough, when you select the nation, you can
type whatever name you want, the one in ruleset is just a
suggestion, and something for AI to use.

/Jirka