Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Hex tileset

Cc: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Hex tileset
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:16:00 +0200

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> Tatu Rissanen wrote:
>
> > The fact is that mountain tops has to be drawn on a layer above flat
> > terrain elements. This requires a lot more from renderer module than
> > the current system. The renderer has to able to handle lists of graphics
> > elements per hex putting them on different layers (merging the lists and
> > ordering them by depth prior drawing).

Summed up in two sentences :-)  :
One layer is enough, but Tatu is right that you need to enforce some
drawing order (left to right, then top to bottom), and you will have to
update/draw
the bottom part of the tile above and the top part of the tile below to do it.

--
Peter Schäfer - mailto:schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
You know things looks bad when ..