Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: solar plant...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: solar plant...
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:16:48 +0200

  Steve,

[in Civ II:]

> When Industrialisation is discovered pollution will be generated at a rate
> of one per production shield for each shield over a certain threshold which
> is governed by the cities size. The threshold value is calculated as:
> 20-(size*0.25). With the discovery of automobile the multiplier used in the
> threshold equation becomes 0.50. Hydro plants effectively reduce the number
> of shields used in the pollution calculation by 50%, I did n't play long
> enough to see the effect of Mass Production, Recycling, etc.

Thank you!  In addition, the Civ II manual, p. 80, says
pollution varies with the difficulty level.  It adds:

  Smog [= pollution due to population] has no effect on pollution
  calculations until your civilization acquires the advance of
  Industrialization.

So the present Freeciv computation, which I thought was fairly absurd,
seems to be a good model of Civ II after all.  I suppose Daniel Sjolie's
computation will have to be marked with a server setting if it is accepted
at all.

--
Reinier Post