Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Small patch :o)

To: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Small patch :o)
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 00:58:28 +0200

On 1999-05-19 22:43:32, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> > > I hope we can have the GFX as a dl option. Maybe completly seperated
> > > from the code, maybe only have one tileset in the distro. And when sound
> > > get implemented, we could have a optional sounds package for dl too. And
> > > so on with video etc.
> >
> > Well, that's all well for the people creating the media and the users
> > but it will be more work and less fun for the coders... : p
>
> I cant see where the more work comes in and the less fun. Please explain
> it a little more detailed.

When You have to code something that You don't really care about that's
work and when You can't use the tools You want because the one client
has to be portable and satisfy everybody that's less fun...

To let the coders have some fun a code split would be preferable... :)
Of course, You don't really have to care about this since I'll just
give writing a restructured client a try anyhow - the question really is
how well integrated it will be into the whole freeciv project...
I'd like it if as much as possible of my input could be used to improve
freeciv as a whole...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)