[Freeciv-Dev] Small patch :o)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Small patch :o)
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:59:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Have you ever seen a bug in a picture file ?
Thanx to David Pfitzner, I realized that the 64 colors
version I had posted yesterday was in fact a 256 colors
one.
So here is the REAL 64 Engel's palette one which is much
more horrible.
The graphical difference between 256 and 64 colors is
more marked than between 256 and full colors. The problem
comes that I don't use the 64 colors palette when drawing
and so the gfx are not optimized for it. But if I draw them
with the 64 colors palette, there will be no version for
people who want more than 64 colors.

Once again, I think the solution would be a 256 colors
default tileset ! When commercial games display millions
of colors, Freeciv hardly displays 64. Don't tell me nobody
can have at least 256 colors now. For your information, I
can easily display all the colors but couldn't manage to
install the Gtk client, which will certainly be problematic
as a default client.

To be decided by the community.

Regards,

Alex