Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Serious Suggestions

To: Schaefer Frank R <fschaef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Serious Suggestions
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:51:42 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Schaefer Frank R wrote:
> 1.) City-Building-Plans
> -----------------------
>
>     Enable Users to define a plan for constructions, so that you could
>     say for example:
>
>             1) Build 3 Archers;
>             2) Build Granary;
>             3) Build City-Walls;

The windoze games Stars!  has a system like this.  You have a production queue
for each planet.  You can have some template queues, so you don't have to keep
setting up the same queues over and over again.

> 3.) Setting Agriculture Plans from the main-map.
>
>     Introduce a  Button that allows  to modify the use  of land-squares
>     directly  on the big  map. Permanently  popping up  city-windows is
>     awful !

I like this idea a lot.  I added something that lets you see the land-squares
usage on the main map, push 't' with the mouse over a city or an in-use land
square.

I could add this to the client.  I'd like to use shift-click as the button.
Shift click on a tile to work/unwork it, shift-click on a city to do the
autoarrange workers thing.  Shift-click is currently used by the wakeup
function.  However, the wakeup function also has the key 'W'.  Would anyone
object if I took shift click for arranging workers?  I'd use 'T', but that's a
rather awkward key combination.