Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug? bomber/artillery stack killed by riflemen

To: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug? bomber/artillery stack killed by riflemen
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:58:48 -0500

Stephen Hodge (stephenh@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Second, I think 'realism' in the combat rules was thrown out long before
> air units became involved just through the 'one attacker vs one
> defender' system. At the very least, if you want to start developing a
> realistic combat system, each unit in the defensive stack should
> conribute to the defense, not just the strongest. Similarly attaking
> with more than one unit simultaneously is something that should be
> possible under any even slightly realistic combat system.

Civ:CTP is supposed to offer this feature when it comes out.  According to
a review I read (at "Gamespot"), you will have the ability to "stack"
units together, and thereafter treat them as one army.

Obviously this is a major change from Civ1/2, so we'll have to wait for
the game to come out before we can make any intelligent comments about
it. :-)

http://www4.activision.com/games/civilization/
http://www.lokisoft.com/
http://www.gamespot.com/features/ctp/