Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug? bomber/artillery stack killed by riflemen

To: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug? bomber/artillery stack killed by riflemen
From: "Andrew E. Schulman" <andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:16:39 -0500

> That's not the issue.  In Civ1, the rifleman would not have been able to
> attack my stack of units at all.  The presence of a bomber in that square
> meant that only a fighter could attack that square.  (I'm not sure whether
> it would have fought the bomber or one of the other defenders.)

At the risk of Departing From Civ1, doesn't that seem like an unreasonable
rule?  Why shouldn't a rifleman be able to attack, just because a bomber
happens to be passing by overhead?  Of course, the rifleman can't attack
the bomber, but he should be able to attack and destroy the grounds units
while ignoring the bomber.