Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug? bomber/artillery stack killed by riflemen

To: "Andrew E. Schulman" <andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug? bomber/artillery stack killed by riflemen
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:34:01 -0600

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 04:16:39PM -0500, Andrew E. Schulman wrote:
> At the risk of Departing From Civ1, doesn't that seem like an unreasonable
> rule?  Why shouldn't a rifleman be able to attack, just because a bomber
> happens to be passing by overhead?  Of course, the rifleman can't attack
> the bomber, but he should be able to attack and destroy the grounds units
> while ignoring the bomber.

        Ummm?
        Have you seen what happens to troops that attack into the face of
air superiority?  The Bay of Pigs invasion and other engagements through
history have shown this to be a bad idea.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.