[Freeciv-Dev] new updated spacerace patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] new updated spacerace patch
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:20:56 +1100

Attached is a patch to improve many aspects of the spacerace;
this is based partly on Falk Hueffner's most recent patch and
discussion based on that patch.

There are probably still some bugs, so please test.

New/changed features:
- Travel time, success chance etc are implemented, based on
  reverse-engineered Civ1; you can now only launch a spaceship
  if it is "viable".
- Only parts of the spacehip connnected to structurals count.
- The protocol is such that the player could choose which
  type of module to build (like in Civ1), but currently the
  client makes this choice.  That is, fixing this further
  should require changes to the client only.
- Better handling of spaceships arriving in the same turn.
- An arrived spaceship adds to your final score.  But I
  don't know what the score bonus should be; for now, I
  chose an arbitrary bonus.
- Capturing a player's capital stops that player's spaceship.
- There is some help about spaceships and spaceship parts.

I changed the protocol, so changed the capability string.
For simplicity, and because the cap string will soon be
changed to "+1.8" anyway, I put in "+spacerace2".

Regards,
-- David