Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Extension language for AI

To: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Extension language for AI
From: W Stockwell <waldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 13:41:07 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> I have written the start of a client AI, and I am exactly at the point
> where I'm considering to use an extension language.
>
> The code I have till now is written in C++, simply because it's fast
> and supports object-orientation and I know it well.
>
> But for flexible code, changable at runtime, it is not really well
> suited. So I considered Python, because it is also OO and would
> probably fit well into the existing code.
>
> I guess I'll first start with some C++ code to get started quicker ;)
>

> --
> Falk Hueffner  <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

That's great!  Did you know that Python can be imbedded inside your C++
program?  It very much possible.  Check out
www.python.org/doc/ext/ext.html for imformation on allowing python to use
C/C++ functions and vice versa.  Very interesting stuff.  I would be
interested in doing the actual imbedding of the python interpreter into
the C++ code.

Will Stockwell
waldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.antisocial.net/waldo