Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: your mail

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: your mail
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 20:06:04 -0200

On Jan 02, W Stockwell decided to present us with:

> It would be possible to embed an interpreted language, such as perl or
> python(I would prefer python) into such an AI client to allow a person to
> implement their own strategies. Then it mght turn into a game of
> developing an intelligent AI to compete against other AIs created by other
> players and players themselves.  I don't see why it woudln't be possible
> to make a client with this feature built in.  I think it would be a great
> idea and I would definately be interested in work on it.

If the talk starts to get into extension languages, please by
all means use GUILE. Ok Scheme sucks, but GUILE is not about
Scheme. It supports "pluggable-in" languages (currently supports
TCL and a language the GNU folks made up, called C-TAX meant to
look like C). Python is on the way but needing help. So GUILE
gives the _user_ (not developer) the choice of language.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls