Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Civil War

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Civil War
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 17:01:03 +1300

> Ok, now onto POLICY issues.  As with the spy stuff, all units outside cites
> are lost during the breaking up of an empire.  However this could be a large
> portion of a players strength, and while I was reasonably happy with this
> when it was just one city being incited, it seems less plausable in this
> situation.

This is no longer a problem.  I have implemented a routine which resolves this
by finding the best attacker and best defender (coexistent on a map tile from
different players) and lets them fight it out.  This is repeated until all
units on the tile are owned by the same player.

Now as soon as the CVS is back up I'll diff it, and hopefully you can all try
it out....
--

Cheers Kris...