Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Civil War

To: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Civil War
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:44:17 +1300

> On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 05:01:03PM +1300, Kris Bubendorfer wrote:
> > This is no longer a problem.  I have implemented a routine which resolves
> > this by finding the best attacker and best defender (coexistent on a map
> > tile from different players) and lets them fight it out.  This is repeated
> > until all units on the tile are owned by the same player.

>       What's wrong with just making the whole stack one owner?

That was a possiblility - trouble is, which owner and which city to support
each unit.  If we let the units remain with their original cities we don't have
the chance of 10 units suddenly relying on a size 1 city for support.  This
goes for closest city too - which was Reinier Post's suggestion.

I do think the best solution is to retain the original supporting cities and
then resolve the unit stacks in some way.
--

Cheers Kris...