Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.7.2

To: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.7.2
From: Esben Haabendal Soerensen <ehs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:04:38 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Daniel Gudlat wrote:

> Hi freeciv team
> what I would like to see eventually (but currently have no time to hack in
> myself :-( ), not necessarily for 1.7.2, but before 2.0, if possible ;-):
> Anything made easier that currently involves popping up every single city
> of my empire. Examples:
>
> I usually don't have many port facilities (about 1-3 per continent), so
> when I have a damaged AEGIS cruiser, I would like to know the nearest city
> with a port, or at least get a list of cities with ports to repair the thing.
> I'd like to be able to disband units from the active units dialog, e.g.
> obsolete units fortified in cities that don't face a threat, aren't worth
> updating (money needed elsewhere), and take up badly needed production...
> (This goes similarly for most other buildings.)
>
> Both of these have had me swearing at the screen in the past, and are my
> top complaints, now that the message window has scrollbars ;-)

I can add a thing that I would love to see:
 A single to rearrange all workers in a city (from the city report),
 or even better to rearrange all workers in all city.

And what about an order list for what to build in cities ?
That could IMHO dramatically increase the playability when having
many cities.

--
/Esben  (bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

You want it in one line?  Does it have to fit in 80 columns?   :-)
             -- Larry Wall in <7349@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>