Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.7.2

To: NU Euren Leif <leif.euren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'FreeCiv-dev'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.7.2
From: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:12:24 -0600

On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 08:55:02AM +0100, NU Euren Leif wrote:
> > And what about an order list for what to build in cities ?
> I don't get it. What do you mean?

        If you've ever played Master of Orion, you can set up to 7 items to
be built in a city in order.  So you could define a master list of
buildings and units to produce, and edit it as needed.
        Granary->library->Marketplace->city walls, etc.

> Another thing I'd like to see is a rearrangement of the order in the
> improvement list. As it is now (I use a version of 98-09-30), first are
> city improvements in alphabetical order, then wonders (again in
> alphabetical order) and last Capitalization. This is a bit annoying,
> especially at later stages when you got lots of cities and are founding
> yet a new one (or conquering one of lower tech level) -- after the first
> improvement it gets on building an Airport, when it's a Granary or
> Harbour you need there.

        A more intelligent way of doing "next item" production would be
useful, yes.

> Well folks... What d'you think?

        Cost-order would be a cool option.  I'd have to play a couple of
games with it to actually see if it's better. :)
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.