Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.7.2

To: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.7.2
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 03:12:21 +1100

Trent Piepho wrote:

> I'd like to see (besides the stuff I've already put in):
>
> A working space race patch

Ok.

> The patch to ./configure that lets people use Xaw3d with --with-xaw3d
>   How about having configure auto-detect the Xaw version?  Shouldn't be too
>   hard.  Just have a test that references an Xaw3D specific function or
>   global.  If the linking fails, it's normal Xaw.

Yes, I agree.  Actually, there should be --with-xaw and --with-xaw3d.
Using
these would override the auto-detect.

I tried out Markus' (at least, I think it was Markus) --with-xaw3d
patch,
but there was a problem with running autoconf.  I hope he gets back to
us
soon.

> I'd also like if you could send any patchs you plan to apply to the list (or
> just me) before you do, so I can check for bugs or poor implimentations.

Ok, will do.  Now is not the time to be applying crufty stuff, so I'll
run
it by both you and David.

Regards,

Mitch.