Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.7.2

To: "'FreeCiv-dev'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 1.7.2
From: Steve Houle <wookie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:38:05 -0500

> A more intelligent way of doing "next item" production would be
> useful, yes.

In the update to Civ II, (I think version 2.4.2, and as updated by
most of the add-ons) you can create a text file in the Civ2
directory called citypref.txt.  You list city improvements you want
to build in order, and the "Domestic Advisor" will build the things
on the list in order when you put production in "Auto" mode.  You
can also tell the "Military Advisor" not to build defensive units,
presumably you take care of your defense first.

I'd like to see this functionality in the client.  I use it a lot.
I typically build City Walls, Temple, Marketplace, Aquaduct,
Coliseum, in that order in all cities.  I would expect it to go in a
.rc file for FreeCiv.

Keep up the good work.

Wook

--