Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: January 2001:
[freeciv-data] Re: freedata

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: freedata
From: Niels Weber <nath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:24:44 +0100

Reinier Post wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 02:44:05PM +0100, Niels Weber wrote:
>
>> Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>
>>> If, however, somebody plays as Bismarck, it would not make sense to
>>> exclude Königsberg or Straßburg, but to include Wolfsburg.
>>
>> Therefore I propose that we have two rulesets: one modern, one historic.
>
> That is a good idea, but I think it's nice that the default ruleset is a mix
> of all kinds of nations.

I didn't mean to have two nations.ruleset files but just a
german-historic.ruleset and a german-modern.ruleset (for every nation
where this is needed).
At the startup, when you select the nations, you could perhaps have some
tabs to sort the nations (modern, historic, fantasy) but it should be
possible to play with nations from different tabs.
Maybe there could also be a flag in each ruleset that shows with which
other rulesets it shares some cities. Those could be set to exclude each
other. (So you don't have german-historic and german-modern in one game.)

Niels