Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:49:11 +0000 (GMT)

Hopefully final version. Changes:
  - We now _allow_ settlement on places where we get less than 2 food for
our city center, but discourage it heavily.
  - Endtech patch no longer included :-)
  - Science want correctly set to TRADE_WEIGHTING+10
  - Assert bug removed for non-AI players.
  - Removed bug which made us use other players' caches (thanks Greg)
  - Check for and avoid likely resource starvation (zero shields).
  - We now consider the possibility of adding settler to existing city.
  - No longer re-reserve a city spot when adding to city (old&new code).
  - Correct caches city center (thanks Greg)

Further optimalization of the code can await proper city management (CM),
which will impact on this code in a big way.

I think the code is ready to go in. Greg, can you commit it? The
citymap.[c|h] files are unchanged and are not attached.