Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:31:20 -0300 (ADT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Mike Kaufman wrote:

> And let me add that I find the idea of _explorer_ code that requires
> omnicience to be a quite baffling concept.

Its not baffling, but it is kind of hilarious. It seems like is an attempt
to "cheat at not cheating" since anything that your omniscience tells you
you want to officially know you can "conveniently" find out so you can
leater say hey I didn't cheat, my explorer told me about it.

Why are you exploring at all? Just to put your explorer in the way of
other people's settlers to slow down their settling? (I get that a lot
from the AI, it loves to block my settlers with its explorers). Does
exploring actually make any difference or are they really just units for
blocking non-military units or maybe even in an emergency for making
military units use up an attack?

I am curious as to whether AI omniscience extends to the location and
movements of units? Does it know precisely which of my cities are empty,
which ones have which units defending them and so on?

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/