[freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 02:01:32AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> An open question is if we shouldn't also clean up the terrain improvement
> code while we're at it. At present, I just kludge in the current code. But
> this can be done later. Big patches are bad.
IMHO you have to support both (add/building a city and terrain
improvements) at some point. However I don't see any infrastructure
for it. But I agree that this is a chicken-and-egg problem because of
> -> Compared to the old settlers code in getting the job done I think it
> is about twice as good. Equal starting conditions, and new code
> outproduces old code 2x. It is a bit hard to compare, tho, since my code
> doesn't have ferries yet, and old code uses ferries all the time.
You know what comes now? ;) Metrics. It should be easy to provide some
numbers. Make a big continent to exclude the influence of the ferries.
And another point I raised in the past: don't hardcode values.
> cache->total += cache->total * defense_bonus / 4000;
> /* Adjust for ocean adjacency, which is nice, by 20% */
> cache->total += (cache->remaining / 8);
Since you probably can't answer these you should IMHO make these
variables or at least constants. Take a look at PF in this aspect.
What's nice about GUI is that you see what you manipulate.
What's bad about GUI is that you can only manipulate what you see.
- [freeciv-ai] New settler code, Per I. Mathisen, 2003/04/06
- [freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code,
Raimar Falke <=
- [freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code, Per I. Mathisen, 2003/04/07
- [freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code, Per I. Mathisen, 2003/04/11
- [freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code, Per I. Mathisen, 2003/04/12
- [freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code, Gregory Berkolaiko, 2003/04/13
- [freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code, Mike Kaufman, 2003/04/13
- [freeciv-ai] Re: New settler code, Per I. Mathisen, 2003/04/13