Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: exploration madness

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: exploration madness
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:21:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > But it is terrible at defending itself.  Poor defence, I suspect, could
> > be triggered by some military_advisor changes.
>
> How so? I didn't see this.

On one occasion, city almost surrounded by hordes of enemies continued to
build cavalry and send it to some distant land.  I suspect that means that
the emergency defender building is not getting due priority.

The best would be to send this cavalry to fight the immediate enemy
though.  At some point I was planning to make target selection give more
weight to units which are generating danger to us.

> > The flood-like behaviour, I don't think so.
>
> I still suspect fstk. If it doesn't find a target, the military attack
> function won't send it anywhere, and will give the unit over to explorer
> code.

Mmmh.  That could explain why they go exploring, but why are they doing it
in a big army-like group ?